Merits and demerits of Leased Line for small business
Today a good internet connection is very crucial for any organization. Every business, small or large requires a fast, secure, and reliable internet connection. An Internet Leased Line (ILL) is extensively used by almost all the internet, data, and telephone services.
Now the main issue is what kind of connection your businesses need. Broadband or Internet Leased Line?
Let us look at some of the merits and demerits of Leased Line.
- Speed – It provides a seamless and symmetrical speed. The speed and bandwidth foster strong signals and the fastest download and upload speeds. Higher speed can ensure small business with a lot of benefits such as a guarantee that your workers would be able to send distinctive information quickly, e-mails, make VoIP calls, get information, and much more. Higher uploading speed would lead to higher productivity of the business.
- Secure – Security is the major concern of business while online data transfers. The leased lines provide dedicated and potential security for data transferred online. It is exclusively dedicated to connecting only two locations. It reduces the security risks as it is not being a shared service. Leased Line offers your company to handle your client data and delicate issues, transactions, and more in a more private and secure way.
- Dedicated Internet – A leased line connection is a dedicated line established between the supplier location and to user location. Unlike broadband, there is no sharing point for another user. So, there is always symmetric internet speed even during peak hours.
- SLA or Service Level Agreement –With leased line connections, you get an enhanced service level agreement (SLA). Internet leased line connectivity ensures reimbursement and service before receiving the connection through service level agreements (SLAs). This is an added advantage. You will be assured that the money you put in is worth it. Network faults are fixed quickly and money is refunded if you experience long periods of downtime.
- Cost-effective – It is very cost-effective and extremely reasonable in leased connectivity services and terms of service speed provided.
- 24/7 Support – Leased lines offer a committed 24/7 helpline for your business. A good support team is backed up for customers for any kind of queries.
When it comes to demerits, there is a downside of Internet Leased Lines when comes to cost and wait time.
- Cost – Not many start-up companies choose a leased line connection. To them, leased lines are a little more costly than other internet service providers. There are several Leased lines that determine the cost that the company will charge you.
- Longer wait time – Installing a leased line can take considerably longer (months rather than weeks) time as it is more complex in installing.
So, to conclude we can say that an Internet leased line is very helpful for any kind of organization. There are many advantages rather than disadvantages of using an Internet Leased Line. For business purposes, you should always choose an Internet leased Line over a broadband.